Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SOLSC March 4 - Snowflakes





Join me as I participate in the March Slice of Life Story Challenge. Other "Slicers" can be found among my students in the comments of my class blog. There are also several hundred teachers participating at https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com




Crystal masterpieces, 
Too tiny to follow just one but
Enough to glimpse
As they zip by,
Appear on my cold window
While I wait for the light to turn.

The minuscule perfection of
Each frozen fractal,
Mesmerizes me 
Before the next materializes and also
Draws my attention.

Green
Traffic has no patience for unique perfection.

7 comments:

  1. Love that red & green, Max, and capturing the time is nice, too. The picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flow of these lines:

    The minuscule perfection of
    Each frozen fractal

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last line. "Traffic has no patience for unique perfection." A perfect line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These frozen fractals are getting on my nerves these days, as we have had more of them than we can really expected to deal with. That said, I do love your poem, Max.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We learn that time is not frozen Max, We learn about the exquisite beauty of snowflakes. We learn about impatience. I love the alliterative quality of your poem. I love the use of colour. The world needs its poets to each play a part, In this piece you demonstrates your willingness to participate. Thanks for sharing your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you used the colors red and green. The last line is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It rarely snows where I live, so I too am mesmerized by those beautiful frozen fractals! It is always wonderful to watch how snow has the ability to bring out the long quieted childlike wonder of adults!

    ReplyDelete