Thursday, March 19, 2015

SOLSC May 20th - Spring Rain

Join me as I participate in the March Slice of Life Story Challenge. Other "Slicers" can be found among my students in the comments of my class blog. There are also several hundred teachers participating at https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com


Spring Rain

The first spring rain

Tap-taps on the roof
Gurgles through the gutters.

Cars susssssssssh by
Wipers rhythmic on windshields.

Drops pop against the umbrella.
Robins and flickers call noisily.

I step carefully around
Silent worms.


4 comments:

  1. Your comment on Linda's post led me here to read about your worms too! Isn't it funny how a little bit of rain will bring those out. Come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing to see them all! Love your 'silent worms', Max. And that 'gurgles through the gutters'. You can tell that rain is an anomaly here for us all to get so excited about it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropped by because I think you're Linda's colleague. Love all the sounds . . . and then those silent worms. I wrote about worms one year during March SOL, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you used different sounds and then called the worms silent. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete