Friday, March 27, 2015

SOLSC March 27th - White Board Mustache



Join me as I participate in the March Slice of Life Story Challenge. Other "Slicers" can be found among my students in the comments of my class blog. There are also several hundred teachers participating at https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com

At the start of the year, I put a green, stick-on mustache on a corner of my white board. I usually reserve a corner of the white board for some sort of daily student art and I was curious what faces would be drawn about the mustache. To my delight, students did indeed start using it within their drawing but they quickly progressed beyond faces and started incorporating the mustache as wings or hair or feet or any number of things. Only just recently did I start taking pictures before erasing the drawings but here are a few of the ones that have been created this year. I enjoy watching them get drawn or be surprised by a whole new art "installation" while I've been gone from my desk working with a student.  

Enjoy the Art of the Green Mustache!
By Max and Kam's students








1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love all the pictures... we really do need a new mustache, don't we?

    ReplyDelete