Tuesday, March 10, 2015

SOLSC March 10th - Sweet Choices

Join me as I participate in the March Slice of Life Story Challenge. Other "Slicers" can be found among my students in the comments of my class blog. There are also several hundred teachers participating at https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com

Sweet Choices

I walked into the teacher's lounge
And there you were. 
I wasn't looking for anything special
But the moment I saw you, 
I had to have you. 
Basket of sweet choices, 
All wrapped up in 
Red and orange and brown.

I compare the memory of tastes
To what I want now.
The red is so sweet and
Berrylicious.
The orange citrus, 
A perfect contrast
to the Tootsie center.
There is only one 
Chocolate left.
The most popular,
And my Favorite!

Today though,
I choose Orange.
It was what I wanted now.
It was delicious!






2 comments:

  1. YUM! what a fun treat! "from the moment I saw you, I knew I had to have you: YES!!! Orange is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahhh, the little things! Calories consumed in the teacher's lounge don't count. :)

    ReplyDelete