|To read my students' posts on the|
Classroom SOL challenge click here
Introduction: Hello and welcome to my blog! This is the third year I have participated in the SOLSC and also the third year for my students as well! I teach students, ages 11-14, in a multi-age classroom at The Logan School for Creative Learning in Denver, CO. This year, I am hosting students from all three middle school classes and they are participating on a volunteer basis (with a few prizes thrown in for inspiration). I'm looking forward to being part of this amazing community again!
This post is inspired by a "Be inspired" post from the SOLSC in 2014. Here is the link to the blog my post was inspired by.
Ten Things Right Now
1. My daughter was cold so she cuddled up on my chest and fell asleep after her story. It was magical on the day she was born and still is now that she's big at 5 3/4.
2. My bracket is busted but so is everyone else's so I might have a chance because my overall winner is still in it. I'm glad I didn't put in the $10 and and just filled it out to participate.
3. I can hear my cat snoring while ruled up on the blanket on the other couch. Can a cat have a deviated septum?
4. I got a haircut and wonder who will be the first to notice. It was not my wife or daughter this afternoon. Maybe I didn't wait long enough to get it cut and it doesn't look that different? But it felt kinda shaggy to me.
5. The snow outside is even more heavy and wet than when twenty-five inches fell during a twelve-hour period yesterday. The sun was out today, drying the shoveled sidewalks and plowed streets. Water ran deep, slushy and brown in the gutters.
6. We had two snow days in a row! Last time that happened for me was 1993, when I was a senior in high school in the mountains west of Denver. Forty inches fell over a couple of days and the skiing was amazing! Too unsafe to get to school but everyone made it to the ski areas! Actually, it took three days for the school bus turn-arounds to get plowed so that's why we got three days instead of just one.
7. It has been harder to inspire myself this SOLSC Challenge. I think it's that I am using my time for to her things and it takes real time to write everyday and like what I create.
8. The dishes in the sink still need to be washed and the chicken coop closed before I head to bed. Plus, my wife just emerged from the basement with a basket of clothes that need to be put away. Chores. Sigh.
9. Tomorrow is the last day before spring break and the first after two snow days. Who will have started break early by being gone physically or mentally? Will they get the work done they need so they can go into break homework and worry-free?
10. I am ready for bed, break and a snack. Probably not in that order.