Wednesday, March 16, 2016

SOLSC #17 - Back of my Hand

To read my student's posts on the
Classroom SOL challenge click here
 

Introduction: Hello and welcome to my blog! This is the third year I have participated in the SOLSC and also the third year for my students as well! I teach students, ages 11-14, in a multi-age classroom at The Logan School for Creative Learning in Denver, CO. This year, I am hosting students from all three middle school classes and they are participating on a volunteer basis (with a few prizes thrown in for inspiration). I'm looking forward to being part of this amazing community again!



The Back of My Hand

Not my hand (I write bigger) but you get the idea.

I can tell when things are getting to be TOO MUCH in my life because I start making lists on the back of my hand. I don't really believe in writing on my body but I'm known to do it when information leaves my brain as quickly as it enters and I need to remember something. Today was such an occasion.

First, I wrote the name of the person at school who will watch my daughter for a few minutes before the 7:30am conference I have tomorrow. Actually, I have conferences from 7:30-5:00 the next two days. My dad is coming down to take my daughter to his house but won't be to my school until after 8:00. So, I NEEDED to make sure Clara has somewhere to be until then.

After taking care of that during the day, I wrote "DAD" on my hand because I had to make sure he was on the same page with me on pick up times and food my daughter would eat. Then, before I had called my dad due to the whole "kinda busy teaching" thing all day, I wrote "CLARA" on my hand. I was coaching the Ultimate team after school and usually I just head home after that. But my wife, who usually picks our daughter, Clara, up when I have practice had left this morning on a business trip. I had horrible visions of just heading home and arriving to a dark house and remembering my daughter was in the Extended Care room back at school.

Thankfully, the back of my hand successfully navigated me through the day. However,  I need to make sure to really scrub it tonight to get all the ink off before some parent looks at it quizzically tomorrow during conferences.


photo credit: List via photopin (license)

2 comments:

  1. Whew - busy times! But you seem to have it all figured out. And having Dad around is lucky and lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew - busy times! But you seem to have it all figured out. And having Dad around is lucky and lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete